Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Town Trip Recount - Patrick DIBNAH

 Patrick's Town Trip Recount 


At the Margaret Mahy Playground, On the 20th of May 2021.

Our first activity was Margaret Mahy Scavenger Hunt. On the list we had to find 5 things. Me and my group found 4 things. All we needed to find was the Navigation thingy. Next we did Mats and Feeding Tuna. There are 13 Mats around the city. We got to see 13,12,and 11. Each mat represented something different, But I did not know what they meant. Then we fed the Tuna (Eel), We fed the Tuna with Cat Food. But none of the eels looked hungry. Then we moved to the waka. The waka was amazing but it can become tiring with the paddles. Then we went to Victoria Square. To be honest Victoria Square was probably the best of them all. It had wonderful nature, dandelion looking fountains and Māori Culture. At Victoria Square there were 2 statues, James Cook and Queen Victoria. We also saw some more mats. The mats are a part of Māori culture and it is special to New Zealand.

My favourite part of the trip was Victoria Square because we got to do a look around. We had to also look for the meaning of the Mats. The one I remember was 9 Tall Trees. At Victoria Square it had another Fountain, Not the dandelion ones, It was a wild one, It splashed me with drops. We had to try and draw a similar pou to the pou in front of us, I did my best to draw it.



Something I learnt was that Margaret Mahy Playground has a story around the Sandpit witht swings and the grass hills. It is said to be over 10 meter long and tells a story made by Margret Mahy herself.


The thing I found the most interesting was that the eels love to eat Cat Food. I never knew that! I thought that only cats eat cat food. It was very interesting seeing eels eat cat food. 


This trip has helped me with my PBL because it helped me discover my turangawaewae and learn more about Māori Culture.






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Patrick
    I like that you have done lots of writing.
    Next time you could have a Question that I can answer.
    Would you ever go into town again for another town trip?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post