Pages

Monday, July 19, 2021

Philippines Flag - Winter Learning Journey 2021 - Activity #18


The flag of the Philippines.

The Philippine national flag has a rectangular design that consists of a white equilateral triangle, symbolizing liberty, equality and fraternity; a horizontal blue stripe for peace, truth, and justice; and a horizontal red stripe for patriotism and valor.

The three stars stand for the three big islands of the Philippines, namely Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. As for the colours used, white represents hope for equality, while the blue stripe stands for peace, truth, and justice. Finally, the red stripe symbolises patriotism and valour.

The blue stripe represents liberty, the white means equality, while the red stripe means fraternity. Despite its simplicity, it is one of the most well known of national flags across the globe.

Why I chose the Philippines Flag is because it is my country of study and I am from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post