Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2021

The Great Miagration - Winter Learning Journey 2021 - Activity #2


This happens in Africa where millions of wildebeests, zebras, antelopes and other herd animals migrate from Serengeti National Park in Tanzania to Masai Mara Game Reserve in Kenya and back to Serengeti. This happens every year. The animals travel 2900 km. in search of food and water. This is a map of the wildebeests journey every month.


It is estimated 250,000 animals die during this yearly migration but many animals are also born during this time. The wildebeest cross rivers full of crocodiles during The Great Migration. Many get eaten during the crossing. The ones that escape will continue their journey.


What is the Great Migration? Throughout the year, East Africa's wide-open grasslands are the setting for the Great Migration as millions of wildebeests, Burchell's zebras, antelopes and other herd animals make the trek from the Serengeti in Tanzania to the Masai Mara in Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post